French bulldogs UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasons & girlie bits...

4 posters

Go down

Seasons & girlie bits... Empty Seasons & girlie bits...

Post  Tartanmonkey Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:57 am

Hi there, Ive just come to pick your brains about what age your Frenchie girls came into season for the first time? Ive heard that smaller dogs come in earlier than larger ones (my bullie girl didnt start until approx 9 months old). Kali is 7 months now & her girlie bits have always seemed to stick out a little, infact she has a little rash that comes & goes in her fold but this is kept under control with a little betnovate. My boy has shown her no interest at all & being intact (medical reasons) he would be my first warning sign. Unfortunately I am going to have to find kennels once she does come into season, Charly has alot of health & mobility problems so kenneling him isnt really an option. She also has this odd little habit of wiping herself along the carpet ( Shocked ). Its not her bum but her giblits she is rubbing! She does this mostly whhen she is really, really excited (playing with the cats or getting wild with the other two). Does anyone have any experience of this...? Ax

Tartanmonkey

Back to top Go down

Seasons & girlie bits... Empty Re: Seasons & girlie bits...

Post  Admin Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:30 am

Hi and welcome .

our frenchies can be as late as 15 months before their first season ( My poodles are up to 18 !1 and then only come in every year!!!!) but a watched kettle never boils Smile so don't worry about it.

however you may even find that seperation isn't even required our first male Never looked at his kennel mate, when she was in season , even if we'd mated them, while she was with him, such a gentleman!! even crating them when you can't be with them is better than the bitching "going on her holidays" since like many bull breeds they don't like kennels.

it does sound like she does have an anal gland problem. with some redness, and the wiping her bum bit.. we've not had a problem with it, but its quite common. either go to your vet. a groomer will aslo clean them as part of a routine groom, if you mention it, but its quite simple to do yourself, just be brave and calm! but i'd also advise get a vet or groomer to show you first time. since its not the easist thing to explain on a open forum Razz

Fiona
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.frenchbullodgs.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  boldavier Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:38 am

ours are the same, they only seem to have one season a year! have you ever had silent seasons?? keep hearing about these

boldavier

http://www.boldavier.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tartanmonkey Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the replies! Its definately not her anal glands as these have been done & checked. Its not even her bum she is rubbing its her girlie bits. If you use too much high-pitched squeaky praise when she has done good she will start a little bum-shuffle then too? Funny little girl! I really dont want to have to kennel her through her season, its just that my boy Charly will be mentally tortured, not to mention that he will literally run through walls to get to a girl on heat..! Ax

Tartanmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:00 pm

our liine of poodles, are terrible with slient/ coloiurless season, we've missed numberous matings over the years ( Had one bitch that always had one clear, then one normal season. and it always seemed to be the case that when we had inteneted to mate her it was a clear season, not helpful when the dog was at the oppisite end of the country!!!

Blood tested or saliva tests are useful in these cases

Fiona
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.frenchbullodgs.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Seasons & girlie bits... Empty perivulvar dermatitis

Post  Loui_Theroux Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Hello

It could be perivulvar dermatitis. It's usually due to a tilt in the dogs vagina. The vagina would be itchy, swollen, and inflamed. It is treated by doing surgery called vulvoplasty, it is usually found in early puppyhood. However, this might not be what you are looking at. With any irritation, it is good to bring your dog to the vet, just to be on the safe side.

Kind Reagrds

Chloe & Loui x

Loui_Theroux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum